Regular/Temporary : Regular
Position description :
1. Regional Trade Compliance Officer responsible for the deployment of the following key trade and customs compliance activities for Malaysia, to ensure adherence & compliance to export control under the regional Strategic Goods / Dual Use Control legislation and regulations.
a. Managing the Export Control Compliance program, procedures and system tools (e.g. SAP-GTS) for Malaysia.
b. Conduct Risk assessments and audit product classification for accuracy in alignment with Malaysian export controls.
d. Conduct Due diligence on customers screening including sanctioned parties,
e. Support STMicroelectronics internal, external audit plans and;
f. Act as Liaison with local customs authorities
g. conduct Customs and Trade Compliance training in alignment with GTCO corporate training requirements
2. Administer of the Customs and Trade Compliance Office for ST Malaysia site in Muar, including documentation and recordkeeping , licensing management (including and not limiting to License Application & Approval for Import & Export) filing per statutory requirements, execution of export controls, and procedures to achieve compliance and efficiency in the supply chain processes.
3. Ensure Renewal of ST Export Licences are conducted efficiently and effectively by coordinating with all relevant stakeholders and organizations within ST to ensure the highest level of trade facilitation from regulators and administrations.
4. Operate as the escalation and focal point to provide functional expertise in the subject matter of Trade & Customs Compliance, liaising with all internal stakeholders (Sales & Marketing, G&A, Products Division, WFO, GOBM, GLWO, GPO, Finance, Tax and Legal organizations to ensure compliant actions.
5. Achieve the company service quality, and objective through effective Policy Deployment interface with internal and external stakeholders, service providers to ensure full Trade and Customs compliance.
Degree in Finance, Science or Engineering with minimum 3-5 years’ experience in trade or regulatory compliance environment.
Knowledge of Customs Valuation, Product Classification and Rules of Origin.
Knowledge of Import and Export Process and Procedures for Malaysia.
· Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders across different functions
· Project Management Certification and Experience
· Meticulous in process execution – Ability to draft SOP/LOP
· Analytical and possesses problem-solving experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Advanced User of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
· Experience with SAP WM and SAP-GTS will be an advantage
Education level required : 4 – Bachelor degree
Language / Level :
English : 3- Advanced
Language / Level :
Malay : 2- Business fluent