Regular/Temporary : Regular
Position description :
Field Applications Engineer in the Santa Clara, CA office that will provide support for DC/DC systems with focus on Computing applications, including but not limited to VR for CPU and DDR applications. May be required to present at ST technical conferences and facilitate product specific customer training sessions (seminars/workshops) or give technical presentations on specific projects as part of the work with key customers.
– Knowledge of and 2+ years hands-on experience with Power Electronics and DC/DC applications in general and relevant devices, such as Switching and Linear Regulators, Voltage References and MOSFETs.
– Hands-on lab experience with VR for CPU and DDR in Computing application, related testing tools
– Solid knowledge and understanding of Intel and AMD CPU technical specifications
– Must have the ability and skills to perform work at the bench in a lab with minimal supervision and the ability to organize and perform complex test patterns and procedures.
– Advanced hands-on experience with oscilloscope, electronic load, lab power supplies and other bench equipment is required.
– Familiarity with GUI (Graphical User Interface), Firmware, a scripting language such as Python and programming of devices through registers manipulation
– Must possess the interpersonal skills to interact with customers as required, with the responsibility to support engineers at key customers in the development or troubleshooting of solutions based on ST power products for Computing applications.
– Team player with good communication and problem-solving skills, to successfully cooperate with ST personnel in other technical roles or product marketing, contributing to the promotion of ST solutions at key customers and to the achievement of the assigned business objectives.
– A “can do” attitude, ability to perform quality work under pressure and to manage multiple projects and priorities is vital to be successful in this challenging yet rewarding position.
– Travel Requirements: Domestic and International business travels. Expected 25% or less of working time.
Education level required : 4 – Bachelor degree
Language / Level :
English : 3- Advanced