Regular/Temporary : Regular
Position description :
About MDG :
Microcontrollers & Digital ICs Group (MDG) contributes to many of ST’s strategic goals for Industrial, Personal Electronics and Communications Equipment. MDG represents about one third of ST’s business.
MDG represents around 3 000 employees (mainly R&D teams in France) located in 40 countries, with a revenue of above
3 billion dollars in 2020. It is addressing 2 major activities: first, General Purpose (GP) Microcontrollers, Memories and Secure Micro (MMS Subgroup) covers all products based on Non-Volatile Memory technologies. It represents 80% of MDG business and second, The RFC Sub-Group focusing on Radio Frequency, Digital & Mixed Signals activities, represents 20% of MDG business.
Digital Design Engineers will be working into a dynamic organization in charge to design and implement optimized wireless communications base-band modems.
Main accountabilities :
-Understand System level requirements and Derive low power DSP architectures for wireless communication modems.
– Contribution to Integration and development of efficient mixed HW/SW implementations for wireless communication modems, including but not limited to, integration of micro controller interfaces, memory interfaces and serial/parallel interfaces, design of low level SW drivers, HW-aware SW design for wireless communication PHY layer algorithms.
– FPGA prototyping an design validation.
– Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with multi-functional development teams located in Cairo, Egypt as well as other teams worldwide
-Adaptability, Flexibility, Creativity/Innovation, Network and Teamwork. -Experience in ARM micro-controller integration and functionalities.
– Knowledge in various AMBA protocols (AHB/APB/AHBLite/BusMatrix).
– Knowledge of common peripheral interfaces, on-chip interconnect, and embedded micro controllers.
– Experience in Embedded system design.
– Experience in FPGA validation.
– Knowledge in LTE or wireless system’s PHY layer protocol is a plus.
– knowledge in dealing with different lab equipment is a plus
– Proven Knowledge of state-of-the-art EDA tools and programming languages:
Verilog, VHDL, System Verilog, C, Perl and Python scripting skills.
– Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building positive relationships internally as well as externally.
– Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player
Education level required : 4 – Bachelor degree
Language / Level :
English : 2- Business fluent